DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
I. Name and Address of the Responsible Party
The Responsible Party in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member countries as well as other data protection law guidelines shall be:
represented by managing director Tom Ehrhardt
T +49 30 7474 6262
F +49 30 7474 6299
II. Information regarding the Collection of Personal Data
(1) In the following, we provide you with information regarding the collection of personal data during the usage of our website. Personal data shall be considered to be all data which can make personal reference to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, usage behavior.
(2) If you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, the data (e.g. your e-mail address, your name, address and your telephone number) which you disclose shall be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We shall delete the relevant data in this context after the storage is no longer required or restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
(3) If we would like to commission service providers for individual functions of our website or use your data for advertising purposes, we shall promptly inform you below in detail regarding the respective processes. In this regard, we shall also name the prescribed criteria for the storage timeframe.
III. Your Rights
(1) In your dealings with us, you shall have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
– Right to information,
– Right to correction or deletion,
– Right to restriction of the processing,
– Right to object to the processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You shall also have the right to submit a complaint to a government data protection supervisory agency regarding our processing of your personal data.
IV. Collection of Personal Data during Your Visit to Our Website
(1) During the mere informational usage of the website–thus if you do not register or otherwise disclose information to us, we shall collect only the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to visit our website, we shall collect the following data which are technically required for us in order to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (legal basis shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of day of the inquiry
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Respectively transferred data quantity
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) The data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the attainment of the purpose for their collection. In the event that the data are collected in order to provide the website, this shall be the case if the respective session has ended.
In the event that the data are stored in log files, this shall be the case after by no later than seven days. However, more extensive storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users shall be deleted or distorted so that it is no longer possible to categorize the accessing client.
V. Usage of Cookies
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, during your usage of our website, cookies shall be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk and attributed to the browser which you use which are then utilized to send certain information to the party which places the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies can run no programs or can transmit no viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose merely of making the Internet site overall more user-friendly and more effective.
(2a) This website uses the following types of cookies whose scope and functioning are discussed in detail below:
– Transient cookies (see b in this regard)
– Persistent cookies (see c in this regard).
(2b) Transient cookies shall be automatically deleted whenever you close the browser. This shall include particularly the session cookies. They shall store a so-called session ID, by means of which various inquiries from your browser can be attributed to the collective session. Thus, your computer can be identified whenever you return to our website. The session cookies shall be deleted whenever you log out or close the browser.
(2c) Persistent cookies shall be automatically deleted after a prescribed timeframe which may vary based upon the cookie. You can, at any time, delete the cookies via your browser’s security settings.
(2d) You can configure your browser’s settings according to your wishes and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
VI. Additional Functions and Offerings of Our Website
(1) In addition to the purely informational usage of our website, we offer various services which may be of interest to you. As a rule, you must disclose additional personal data which we shall use in order to render the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles shall be valid.
(2) Sometimes, we shall commission external service providers in order to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, shall be bound to our instructions and shall be controlled upon a regular basis.
(3) Moreover, we may disseminate your personal data to third parties if sales promotional campaigns, sweepstakes, the conclusion of contractual agreements or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. You will receive detailed information in this regard during the disclosure of your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners have their commercial residence in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we shall inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
VII. Objection to or Revocation of the Consent for the Processing of Your Data
(1) If you have issued a consent for the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such a revocation shall influence the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have declared this consent to us.
(2) Insofar as we rely on a balancing of interests during the processing of your personal data, you may lodge an objection to the processing. This shall be the case if the processing is no longer required–particularly not for the fulfillment of a contractual agreement with you which we shall depict respectively in the following description of the functions. When exercising such a right of objection, we shall request that you state the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we previously did. In the event that you lodge a justified objection, we shall review the factual circumstances of the request and shall either discontinue and/or adjust the data processing or submit to you our mandatory reasons worthy of protection, based upon which we shall continue the processing of your personal data.
(3) Naturally, you may, at any time, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. If you wish to exercise your right of objection to the use of your personal data for advertising purposes, you can contact us in this regard by using the following contact data:
T +49 30 74746262
F +49 30 7474 6299
(1) By providing your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, by means of which we will inform you of our current interesting offers. The promoted services shall be specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the registration for our newsletter, we shall use the so-called double opt-in process. This means that we shall, after your registration, send you an e-mail to the designated e-mail address in which we request your confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration for the newsletter within 24 hours, your information shall automatically be blocked and deleted after one month’s time. Moreover, we shall store respectively your IP addresses used and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the process is to be able to document your registration and, where applicable, discover any potential misuse of your personal data.
(3) The obligatory data for the sending of the newsletter is solely your e-mail address. [The disclosure of additional, specially-marked data shall be voluntary and shall be used in order to be able to personally address you.] After you have confirmed, we shall store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter.
The legal basis shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You may, at any time, revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter and cancel the newsletter. You may declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact data specified in the Imprint section.
(5) The newsletter shall be sent via MailChimp, a newsletter-sending platform from the U.S. provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA (“MailChimp”).
The e-mail addresses of our newsletter recipients as well as also their additional data described in these comments shall be stored on MailChimp’s servers in the USA. MailChimp shall use this information in order to send and evaluate the newsletters in accordance with our order. Moreover, MailChimp can, according to its own information, use these data in order to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. in order to technically optimize the sending and the displaying of the newsletters or for business purposes in order to determine from what countries the recipients come. However, MailChimp shall not use the data of our newsletter recipients in order to write them for its own purposes or in order to disseminate these data to third parties.
We depend on the reliability and the IT as well as data security of MailChimp. MailChimp is certified by, among others, the US-EU Data Protection Convention called “Privacy Shield” and is obliged to follow the EU Data Protection Guidelines. Moreover, we have concluded a Data Processing Agreement with MailChimp. This is an agreement whereby MailChimp shall be obliged to protect our users’ data, to process the data in accordance with the data protection provisions prescribed in our order and not to pass on these data to third parties. In order to review the data protection guidelines of MailChimp you can click here.
(6) We wish to point out that, when sending the newsletter, your user behavior shall be evaluated. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent shall contain so-called web beacons and/or tracking pixels which depict one-pixel image files which are stored on our website. For the evaluations, we assign the data specified in IV. and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID. The data shall be collected exclusively in a pseudonymized form, the IDs are thus not assigned to your additional personal data, and any direct personal inferences shall be excluded.
You may not separately object to this tracking. In this regard, you must obtain to the overall sending of the newsletter. The information shall be stored as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After you cancel the newsletter, we shall store the data purely for statistical purposes and anonymously.
IX. Usage of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”–text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your usage of the website. As a rule, the information generated by the cookie regarding your usage of this website shall be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event of the activation of the IP anonymization on this website, however, your IP address shall be shortened beforehand by Google within the member countries of the European Union or in other contracting countries to the European Economic Area Convention. Only in exceptional cases shall the entire IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. By mandate from this website’s operator, Google shall use this information in order to evaluate your usage of the website, in order to draft reports regarding the website activities and in order to render additional services associated with the usage of the website and the Internet to the website’s operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the parameters of Google Analytics shall not be commingled with other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by correspondingly adjusting the settings on your browser software; however, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to comprehensively use all functions of this website. Moreover, you can prevent the collection of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and which refer to the usage of the website from being transmitted to Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Alternatively, you can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie shall be placed which prevents the collection of your data during future visits to this website:
Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp”. Thus, your IP addresses in shortened form shall continue to be processed and, by so doing, any personal inferences shall be excluded. Insofar as any personal inference is generated via the data collected about you, it shall be immediately blocked and thus the personal data shall be immediately deleted.
(5) We shall use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyse the usage of our website and to improve it upon a regular basis. Via the statistics obtained, we are able to improve our website and design it to be more interesting for you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google is in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.
The legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) The duration of the data storage: The data sent by us and linked to cookies shall be automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data, whose retention timeframe has expired, shall be automatically undertaken.
(7) Information regarding the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Terms and Conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html, Data Protection Overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en as well as the Data Protection Declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
X. Usage of Google AdWords Conversion
(1) We use the service provided by Google AdWords in order to make prospective customers aware of our attractive offers via advertising (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. In relation to the data from the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. Thus, we pursue the interest of displaying advertising to you which is of interest to you, in order to design our website to be more interesting for you and in order to attain a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These ads are delivered by Google via so-called “ad servers”. In this regard, we shall use ad server cookies, by means of which certain parameters for the measurement of success, such as ad impressions or clicks by the users, can be measured. Insofar as you arrive at our website via a Google ad, Google AdWords shall store a cookie on your computer As a rule, these cookies lose their effectiveness after 30 days and shouldn’t enable you to be personally identified. As a rule, with regards to this cookie, the following analytical values shall be stored: The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information (marking that the user would no longer like to be contacted).
(3) These cookies enable Google to identify your Internet browser. Insofar as a user visits certain pages of the website of an AdWords customer and the cookie stored on his computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was guided to this page. Each AdWords customer is assigned a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords’ customers. We ourselves shall collect and process no personal data for the aforementioned advertising measures. We shall receive merely statistical analyses from Google. Based upon these analyses, we can identify which of the advertising measures utilized have been particularly effective. We shall receive no more extensive data from the placement of the ads. In particular, we cannot identify the users based upon this information.
(4) By means of the deployed marketing tools, your browser shall automatically create a direct connection to the Google server. We have no control over the scope and the continued usage of the data which are collected by Google through the usage of this tool. Therefore, we wish to inform you of the following based upon our level of knowledge. By integrating AdWords Conversion, Google shall receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding section of our Internet site or clicked on one of our ads. Insofar as you have registered for a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you have not registered with Google and/or are not logged-in to Google, the possibility exists that the provider shall find out and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent the participation in this tracking process in various ways:
(5a) By correspondingly adjusting the settings on your browser software–particularly the suppression of third-party cookies will have the result that you will no longer receive advertisements from third-party providers;
(5b) By deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by your adjusting the settings on your browser in such a manner that cookies are blocked from the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby these settings shall be deleted if you delete your cookies;
(5c) By deactivating the interest-based ads from the providers which are a component of the self-regulating campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby these settings shall be deleted if you delete your cookies;
(5d) By permanently deactivating the following in your browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. However, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
You can find additional information regarding data protection at Google here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at https://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.